Saturday, June 14, 2014

A leader of our band

So around the age of 17 or 18 a good friend of mine introduced to me a song written by Dan Fogelber. The song is titled "Leader of the band," and is one of my favorite folk tunes. The song has always spoken to me, and many of you know that my family is very musically talented. In recent years I have somewhat abandoned music playing. I do still listen to music but haven't played very much. I really still have a passion for playing but find that I am usually short on time. What I love about the song is how it reminds me of the relationship between me and my dad. It started out really rough in my early years but over time my love for my father has made this song have more meaning. So this piece that I present to you is an image of my father playing the mandolin at an early age. I titled it "Legacy" because that is what he has placed before his children. The same for my mother. Since tomorrow is Fathers Day I felt it necessary to show the tribute I made for him since he lives four hours away. Love you dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment